I love custom seat belt covers for a variety of reasons from making a statement to being pretty to serving a purpose. I, personally, need a seat belt cover because regardless of the seat belt height, it cuts into my clavicle and causes pain. Another functional reason for the seat belt cover is to alert first responders in the event of an accident. If you or your child have medical allergies, conditions, or sensory issues, this can help them respond appropriately.
This is a pretty quick and easy project depending on your design, of course.
- Seat belt cover
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Heat press or iron
Before You Begin:
Measure the following:
- front of cover leaving a small border of empty space around the outside
- inside of cover for personal information
Creating Custom Seat Belt Cover
- Prepare your design by sizing, mirroring, cutting, and weeding the designs.
- Line up your front design, press it, and remove the carrier sheet.
- Line up your inside design, press it, and remove the carrier sheet.
- Add your custom seat belt cover to your seat belt and enjoy!
Be sure to leave your comments below. If you found this information helpful, save it and share with friends who would benefit, as well.
Thanks for reading and Happy Crafting,