Creating character text can spice up your favorite or fun saying and get your creative juices flowing. Choose a theme that relates to your message. Think of all the images that relate to your theme. Then, simply think about how they can become letters, punctuation, or accents to your message.
- Heat press or iron
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette CAMEO®
Before you begin, decide what your text will be. Is it a saying, a name, a quote, or a phrase?
Creating Character Text
- In Silhouette Studio®, open a new project and add your text. If it is a quote from someone else, remember to cite their name at the end of the text.
- Choose a font that suits your theme.
- Open designs related to your theme and copy them into your current project.
- Integrate the designs into your text. Play with placement and balance.
- Ungroup your text.
- Once committed to your design, delete any unneeded letters.
- Weld all of your letters if they touch or overlap and prep your design for cutting.
- Cut all of your design elements and weed them.
- Align the designs to create your complete design.
- Turn on your heat press and prep your shirt.
- Place the entire design on your shirt.
- Remove all of the layers except for the bottom one. Remove any layering markers that may exist.
- Press and remove the carrier sheet.
- Repeat steps 11, 12, and 13 until the design is complete.
If you managed to come up with some great designs, I’d love to see them. Be sure to post photos so we all can enjoy. Wasn’t that fun?
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for reading!
Be sure to leave your comments below. If you found this information helpful, save it and share with your friends.